This years Club Championships will take place next Sunday, 11th September. Both TT & Road Race championships will take place , with the TT being conducted under the “Gentlemen’s Rules” –
- Riders must predict their time before attempting the course, which will be approximately 5-7km in length.
- NO TIMING DEVICES PERMITTED – ie; no Garmin’s allowed on your bike.
- The winner will be whoever predicts their time closest to their actual time.
- “Eddy Merckx” style, road bikes only.
- Route will be posted once finalised – will be on the link road.
- Winner will be presented with the inaugural “Pummelled Pidgeon” Trophy.
The TT will be the first event of the day, beginning at 9:30 am.
The Road Race, where the winner will be presented with the coveted “Bludgeoned Badger” Trophy, will take place afterwards, beginning at approximately 10:30 and will be on the ATC Brick Lap, and will be 8 laps of the 3.2km circuit, beginning at the Vets, and finishing on the TT finish on the Link Road.
These events are open to ALL Club Members, and will be immediately proceeded with presentation of trophies & coffee and cakes in a local caffeine & baked goods establishment!